L-3 STRATIS is among the largest divisions of global defense leader, L-3. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, and enterprise information technology services and solutions to the Intelligence Community; the Department of Defense; U.S. federal civilian, state, and local government agencies; and international customers.
L-3 STRATIS is proud of our many long-term partnerships with our customers. We take their missions as our own, always aiming to improve our level of service. Our employees take pride in their consistent application of industry best practices and their ongoing dedication to the highest standards of business ethics - reflected in our motto,
Powered by Excellence
If you are working or aspiring to work in today's United States Intelligence Community, NOW is the time to join our growing team at L-3 STRATIS. L-3 STRATIS has an opening, contingent upon Contract Award, for an Information Assurance Engineer supporting
team in the Washington DC Metro area.
- Individual will be responsible to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information
- Documents and keeps current all information security rules and policies
- Performs penetration testing and evaluation of network/server configurations to identify potential vulnerabilities
- Performs risk analysis of tested and evaluated networks and systems.
- Individual must have at least 10 years experience in areas of information, technical, physical, and personnel security.
- Good knowledge of telephony and telecommunications security including digital, ISDN, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- Good knowledge of emanations and TEMPEST standards
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills to assist Project Managers and Engineers with security assistance with system designs and architectures for facilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to interpret guidelines and policies and explain, brief and present to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Analytical and evaluative skills, reasoning and problem solving skills to research, review, analyze, and recommend regulations / standards and mitigations to security vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of risk. Assessment, vulnerability, and threat analysis
- Must possess good briefing and presentation skills.
Current CISSP or CISA certification required (or demonstration that certification is in progress).
Demonstrated expertise implementing and managing industry standard information management methodologies.
Demonstrated proficiency authoring C&A documentation, Systems Security Plans, and other technical documents
Must possess excellent Technical Writing skills
Ability to evaluate Information Security Products
Possess an Understanding of computer networking and network operations
Must have knowledge of Intelligence Community INFOSEC Policies
Ability to interpret and understand Intelligence Community Network architecture diagrams and system engineering documents
Must have knowledge of Transaction security and virus protection software
Certifications: CISSP, CAP, SANS GSEC or GCIH, CCNA, Security +
Experience with UNIX/LINUX, VMware, Incident Handling and Response, Configuration Management, Log management tools ;
Knowledge of Ruby on Rails and JAVA, is desired.
Current TS/SCI with Polygraph
We offer a competitive benefits package for Full time and Part time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...