Assist in the development of a competitive women’s basketball program within the guidelines of the NCAA, NSIC and SCSU. For more program information, go to: http://www.scsuhuskies.com/
Date of appointment: June 1, 2013, or as soon as possible thereafter
Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: development of a competitive basketball program within the guidelines of the NCAA, NSIC and SCSU;
Duties include but are not limited to: assisting in scheduling, recruiting, scouting, on court coaching, strength training/conditioning and coordination of camps. Additional responsibilities include teaching 8 credits per year in the candidate’s area of expertise.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_09_11_Contract.pdf
- Master’s degree at time of application
- Minimum two years college basketball coaching experience
- Recruiting experience
- Camp experience
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations
- Strong strength and conditioning background
- Working knowledge of synergy
- College and/or professional playing experience
- College/University level teaching experience
St. Cloud State University is located on the scenic banks of the Mississippi River 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul in the rapidly-growing metropolitan area of St. Cloud. More than 17,000 students from Minnesota and 81 countries are part of this vibrant and richly diverse campus community. St. Cloud State understands the incredible impact college years have on students and their future. Faculty and staff collaborate to offer relevant and rigorous academic programs in a supportive environment that values active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability and global and cultural understanding.
Additional information on St. Cloud State University can be found at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins May 20, 2013; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Resume/Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
· Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required
Search Committee Chair – Lori Fish
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.