Education, Certification & Licenses:|
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent; some college
with previous supervisory and cash handling experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a customer service team member
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Able to calculate prices and provide accurate quotes to customers
- Working knowledge of Macintosh and Windows based computers and modem
Express, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of DTP experience preferred
- Familiar with PageMaker, Freehand, Illustrator, WordPerfect, Quark
Work Conditions, Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Able to convert documents from hard copy format to digital format
weekends, as needed; broad availability
- Work full-time hours on a variety of day/evening shifts, including
driving record. Operate vehicle in safe and courteous manner, reports
- Have a valid driver#s license and insurance and maintain an excellent
all incidents or accidents to manager
and climb 8# to 10# ladders
- Able to lift, move or carry medium-weight objects (up to 55 pounds)
bend, stoop, etc.
- Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time; reach,
customer inquiries and issues
- Effectively interact with customers and be capable of handling
while supervising multiple tasks
- Have good attention to detail and the ability to maintain composure
- Able to provide resolution in a courteous and professional manner
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain composure while multi
OfficeMax is an equal opportunity employer that employs persons
- Able to interact with associates/management to promote teamwork
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability,
age (40 and over), veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law. OfficeMax uses E-Verify to determine the
eligibility of employees to work in the US.
The Supervisor, ImPress is responsible for the positive contribution to
the customer#s shopping experience by effectively training, supervising
and directing ImPress associates while providing an example of excellent
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Direct the activities of ImPress team members and set an example of
outstanding customer service.
2. Ensure accurate and timely processing of all customer requests for
3. Train associates on ImPress products and services and enhance the
staff#s sales techniques to improve sales volume.
4. Ensure that ImPress is properly stocked, clean and well organized
and supply orders are maintained to required levels.
5. Partner with the Supervisor, Sales Manager and Store Manager on
sales and marketing strategies to increase sales, including
inside/outside canvassing efforts.
6. Ensure that all appropriate orders are sent to the hub store
whenever necessary Communicate large customer #leads# to Corporate
7. Ensure daily communication with all team members utilizing huddle
meetings; review all store/corporate communications; maintain ImPress
8. Observe and watch for loss prevention issues and advise management
of any unusual activity and train team members in the loss prevention
9. Manage the custom order programs provided by various vendors and
ensure prepayment. Monitor sales associate compliance to ordering
procedures and vendor compliance to timely and quality performance.
Resolve all order issues directly with the vendor.
10. Act as sales leader as designated by scheduling needs, ensure
customer service standards are met, address issues that arise as
appropriate and follow-up with management for resolution.
11. Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in
accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service
12. Provide feedback to management regarding the performance of ImPress
13. Responsible for all information communicated through the weekly
14. Understand the store sales and profit plan and how ImPress impacts
15. Read and follow direction provided on the daily news page of @Max
16. Participate in discussions conducted on the communication devices,
including answering questions, assisting team members when needed,
offering praise to team members, and participating in ongoing training
as a means of better serving customers
17. Provide assistance in all areas of the store based on business need;
perform all other tasks and assignments as requested by Store
18. Live and promote OfficeMax Core Values, Brand Essence and Mission.
19. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace –...