The extra care homemaker/companion is a non-licensed member of the extra care team who assists the client with the tasks of daily living as outlined in a written care plan that is established by the registered nurse. The position provides non-skilled, non-medical functions only. The position is PRN and located in and around the Des Moines metro area.
- Safely cares for the elderly, disabled or infirmed client in the client's home. Provides compassionate, emotional and social support and companionship.
- Offers conversation. Assists with reading, correspondence and clothing selection. Provides escort for social visits and appointments.
- Prepares and serves meals using safe and sanitary processes.
- Completes required documentation.
- Promptly reports any unsafe conditions in the client's home to the registered nurse.
A pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check are required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age..
- Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- Current Iowa driver's license and auto liability insurance.
- Mature, responsible behavior that includes a thorough understanding of HIPAA regulations.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of elderly, handicapped, or convalescing individual.
- Ability to read and write and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and display flexibility and cooperation during assignments.
HCI Care Services - 19 months ago
Since 1978, HCI Hospice Care Services has helped patients and their families live their lives as fully as possible, enjoying their favorite...