Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide ( www.ogilvychww.com ) —the health behavior experts of Ogilvy & Mather ( www.ogilvy.com ). The group represents the largest assembly of creative talent in the world of healthcare communications with 66 offices across 36 countries and is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com ). Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide, provides marketing services including brand identity and development, clinical trial recruitment, digital/interactive services, direct-to-consumer, direct-to-patient, global integration, managed care marketing, market research and analytics, media planning and buying, medical advertising and promotion, medical education, public affairs and relations, relationship marketing, and strategic consulting. The network also offers scientific communications and publications services through a wholly owned separate legal entity. The organization houses and maintains individual Ogilvy CommonHealth and Ogilvy Healthworld brand identities within the marketplace.
A mid-level position for a copywriter who has the ability to work under the direction of senior copy personnel to creatively translate data into compelling communication messages across media (digital to print). Partners with an art director to explore innovative ways to communicate strategic objectives. Handle day-to-day responsibilities while learning the finer points of creative thinking in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Works closely with GCS, AD, AE, and scientific personnel as a team member on assigned accounts to produce effective themes, campaigns, deliverables, etc.
- Maintains consistently high standards of writing which will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Monitors the progress and quality of assigned projects through each phase of development
- Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients.
- Submits copy (depending on work assignments for specific accounts) to the CD for review and comment.
- Assures accuracy, completeness, and neatness of own copy from initial submission to CD through final copy and type proofs.
- Meets copy deadlines
- Takes and keeps reasonably thorough file notes and minutes of meetings/phone calls for own reference.
- Contributes ideas to generate more client activity beyond normally scheduled projects.
- Participates in client-agency meetings as appropriate.
- Displays professional courtesy to clients and co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications-related field.
- Two or more years of pharmaceutical advertising agency experience required.
- Science educational background a plus; medical device experience a plus.
- Writing experience in all media desired; comfort with data-related writing required.
- Familiarity with social media, presentation software (PowerPoint®)
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.