POSITION DESCRIPTION/BOARD EXPECTATIONS:
The Dorchester County family YMCA Board of Directors seeks a dynamic, visionary leader with skills and abilities to lead a successful, independent YMCA. The Executive Director is responsible for developing, articulating and implementing the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA. This involves enhancing a culture that recruits, supports and retains an outstanding staff and an active, diverse volunteer Board of Directors. The Executive Director is expected to be a visible community leader and to participate actively in an array of community initiatives that are consistent with and supportive of the goals and objectives of the Dorchester County Family YMCA. The Executive Director should position the YMCA to be viewed in the community as a highly respected, charitable partner with a strong stake in solving community issues. The Executive Director is responsible for all areas of fundraising, capital expansion, strategic planning, budget development, organizational development, marketing and the overall image of the YMCA. Other key areas of responsibility include program, membership, volunteer and staff development.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Accredited 4-year college degree.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and personal values consistent with the YMCA mission.
- Minimum five years prior experience in a senior management role with a YMCA or related experience at a comparable organization with direct supervision of multiple levels of staff and employees.
- Must have the ability to develop and strengthen community relationships.
- Have the ability to develop new programs, review and enhance programs being offered or considered for both economy and the effectiveness in broadening our engagement in the communities in which we serve.
Salary: $70,000 - $85,000
- YMCA Organizational Leader Certification.
- Fiscally sound business management approach.
- Strategic planning and Fundraising experience including annual campaigns and the securing of grants.
- A proven track record of budgetary and fiscal management in excess of $1M or more annually.
Additional Compensation Details:
Retirement contribution, vacation plan, health plan and other benefits per personnel policy included.
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...