SPICE Modeling Specialist
Location: Greater Dallas Area, Texas
Degree Requirements: PhD in EE, Physics
This is an exciting opportunity that bridges the gap between IC design and technology development. This high impact, high visibility position allows the engineer to work with silicon technologies spanning submicron (65 nm, 45nm and below) CMOS and RF technologies used in high-performance, low-power ICs.
In this role, your specific responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have 0-1 years of experience. You will use your knowledge of device physics, industry standard compact models and SPICE-like circuit simulators to accurately represent TI process technologies.
- Reduce product development cycle time by generating SPICE models for TI process technologies.
- Drive improvements to SPICE model methodologies by developing SPICE model subcircuits, model equations, test structures, measurement procedures and parameter extraction techniques.
- Work with internal TI organizations to quickly meet the simulation needs of the TI design community and external design customers.
- Consult with designers to comprehend evolving model requirements and resolve model-related simulation problems.
- Work with process integration engineers to define specifications for advanced technologies.
- Prepare and present SPICE model reviews and seminars on SPICE modeling.
This position requires a strong background in device physics (especially silicon MOSFETs and BJTs), measurement characterization techniques (DC, CV and s-parameter measurements, statistical data analysis), and working knowledge of analog and digital design. Excellent empirical problem solving skills are a must. A working knowledge of practical statistics, DOE techniques and PERL scripting is also desired.
This position requires this specialist to work closely with engineers both inside and outside of the immediate work group. You will be responsible for presenting your work at formal reviews with process integration engineers and platform managers. This position requires excellent teaming and communication skills and the ability to handle technical criticism without being defensive.
Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a devoted attention to detail are essential for success in this role. Apply for this opportunity today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Texas Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Texas Instruments - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard
As one of the world’s largest semiconductor companies with over 32,000 employees in more than 35 countries, Texas Instruments has been...