Janrain, the leader in online User Management solutions, is growing its sales team and seeking a Deployment Engineer to add further potential to our already accelerated growth. Fueled by expanding social networks and the desire for websites to tap these vast online communities, the Janrain team has plenty of opportunity and is adding operational professionals with the track record and desire to contribute to building a world-class SaaS company.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and promising early stage growth company with products and services that enable websites to enhance user engagement. Our flagship product, Janrain Engage, provides social login and sharing. Using Janrain Engage, organizations are able to register and login site visitors with their existing credentials from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Yahoo!, Twitter, PayPal or other accounts. Through this process, the site is able to import rich user profile data and address books, as well as encourage the user to share their on-site activities with their social networks to drive qualified referral traffic. Additional Janrain products provide a complete user management solution that include single sign on across multiple web properties and social CRM to store user data and activities.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical project management experience in the IT and/or application software field. Prior experience with technical consultation and leadership in the design, architecture and development efforts for complex cloud SaaS implementations and/or data base solutions is highly desired. This person will ‘delight’ customers by demonstrating deep technical understanding of our company’s solution portfolio and guides their implementation efforts to maximize the business value of Janrain SaaS solutions. You will be working with a variety of clients on cutting edge projects and will be empowered to provide creative solutions that will impact their social media strategy and results. This position will require that you have a strong mix of business and technical expertise, and we will provide opportunity to expand your current skill sets.
- Facilitate all implementation related meetings, both internal and external, as they relate the successful deployment of customers
- Coordinate partner implementations, as needed. Includes design and scheduling
- Ability to clearly articulate how Janrain solutions will address a prospects specific use case, and why our product is best on the market when compared to competitors
- Educate and guide customers on industry norms and best practices to ensure customers get the most from their Janrain solution
- Analyzes user requirements and success criteria to ensure you understand and customer realizes ROI for their Janrain solution
- Address technical and deployment questions for customers during their implementation
- Build strong relationships within and among constituencies
- Provide tools for sharing information with our clients’
- Manage and deliver multiple concurrent customer deployments, using formal scheduling and project management methodologies
- Develop and document process implementation Best Practices for internal and customer use
- Identify and forward new opportunities for services and products to Sales and Account Management teams
- Provide customer insights on customer generated new feature requests to Product Management
- Host technical discussions and/or requirements gathering sessions customer implementation team as necessary to design custom solutions
- Successfully manages customers through proof of concept trials and post-sales implementations
- Help customers troubleshoot their deployment efforts
- Maintain multiple customer schedules and meetings (meeting notes and action item logs/tracking)
- Work closely with internal departments to develop and maintain systems process documentation and training
- Provide overall support to sales for various inquiries
- Work cross-functionally on special projects as needed
- Responsible for the seamless knowledge transfer of new customers from the sales cycle to our deployment and customer support teams
- MUST have experience with installing or configuring web based applications or CMSs.
- MUST have proven experience working with customers in a support or project capacity.
- SHOULD have familiarity with web protocols and APIs; OpenID and OAuth understanding a huge plus.
- SHOULD have familiarity with at least on web based scripting language. Such as PHP, Python, Perl, etc.
- SHOULD be PMI certified, or at a minimum have experience as a technical project manager
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates personal integrity & honesty. Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- 3 to 5 years in a professional consulting, e-business, online marketing, or similar environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to advise companies on opportunities to transform their organizations social media strategy
- Experience with social media applications, web design, content management, or web analytics technologies preferred
- Capacity to track many industry and internal information sources and stay current on the latest in changing technologies in the space. Synthesize and share innovation insights
- Must be able distill complex data into accessible concepts and communicate clearly
- Experience determining business needs using a variety of techniques including interviews, requirements workshops, storyboards, use cases, task and work flow analysis
- Ability to critically and quickly evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicting input
- Confident and self-directed problem solver
- Track record of success in driving projects/initiatives to successful completion
- Work effectively in fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- High level of energy, efficiency and flexibility
- Ability and willingness to travel
Janrain offers a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation, life insurance and disability plans.
We offer an exceptional working environment where foosball challenges and play are an everyday occurrence.
A casual environment coupled with a clear mission makes for a rewarding place to work.