Maintain a trading environment comprising high-performance Linux servers:
Administer. Handle tasks such as system monitoring, installs, upgrades, and disaster recovery.
Architect. Maintain and evolve our automated machine build/install processes.
Evaluate. Experiment with new hardware and software products and services.
Monitor. Build and maintain infrastructure to measure system performance and availability to detect problems and minimize down time and the impact of failures.
Interact. Cooperate with application-level support staff, network engineers and software developers to build a fast, flexible and reliable trading infrastructure.
Document. Contribute to our internal wiki so that we can all remember the lessons were learning.
- Be expertly familiar with Linux, preferably CentOS or RedHat
- Be able to setup and use monitoring tools like Nagios and others
- Scripting skills in bash and perl
- Good written and spoken skills
- Familiarity of X server environments
- Be able to configure and compile Linux kernels
- The candidate will be versatile, meticulous and result driven
- Familiar with Puppet and other provisioning tools
- Optionally familiar with automake and configure
This company offer a compeittive base salary, 100% paid benefits, 401k matching, 3 weeks vacation, and excellent bonus potential.