Nursing Assistant-Nursing Resource Center
QUALITY SERVICE SAFETY
We're Nursing at its Best.
The very factors that drive Hackensack University Medical Center to national success are the same ones that drive America's best nurses to us. Nurses who value quality, service, and safety. Nurses who are invigorated by patient care and cutting-edge medicine. Who are energized by career advancement. Who know that the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence is more than an honor, it's a way of thinking.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required :
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience required
• CNA preferred
The Nursing Assistant provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN professional to all assigned patients, and maintains a safe patient area. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care as a team member in order to achieve established outcomes.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Provides direct hygiene and comfort care to patients including bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinent care, and bed making.
2. Takes vital signs under the direction of the RN, and documents accordingly on appropriate flow sheets, and notifies the RN of the results.
3. Performs and documents glucose finger sticks and collects other specimens including stool, urine, and sputum.
4. Obtains and documents daily patient weights and observes and documents patient’s intake and output.
5. Provides a safe patient environment by answering call lights promptly, communicating with RN immediately for any change in patient’s condition.
6. Acts in the role of patient sitter.
7. Maintains a clean and safe nursing unit and patient room.
8. Performs all other physical requirements of the job as defined by the department director including assisting patients with ambulation, turning and positioning, transferring to wheelchairs and stretchers, and assisting in the transport of patients.
9. Greets in/out patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
10. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
11. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patients care.
Per-Diem, Day, Weekends required.
Join us by visiting humc.com and applying online.
HACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
When You Feel Good, We Feel Good.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a smoke free environment.
Hackensack University Medical Center - 2 years ago
Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) is an acute care teaching and research hospital that serves the residents of northern New Jersey...