The Clinical Informatics Specialist is dedicated to coordinating clinical process redesign, system build, system testing, and the implementation of clinical information systems, including the electronic medical record (EMR). The incumbent will facilitate the planning and implementation of complex projects, often in multiple phases.
This position also includes coordination of clinical user training and support in the development of policies and procedures to support the EMR and other clinical information systems. As each of the components of the EMR is implemented, the incumbent will coordinate modifications to the system and will assist with end user support. The incumbent will work closely with quality management to measure outcomes based on the implementation of the new technology and perform benefits realization analysis
Education, Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelors degree required
- The educational qualifications will be dependent upon the clinical discipline assigned to the clinical informatics specialist.
- Nursing: graduate of an accredited school of Nursing , BSN with a current Ohio nursing license
- Pharmacy: a registered pharmacist, or pharmacy technician with extensive information systems experience
- Laboratory: a certified medical technologist, or clinical IT professional with extensive experience with laboratory systems
- Radiology: a radiology technician, or clinical IT professional with extensive experience in radiology systems
- Other clinical certifications considered
- Master degree in Health Services, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self directed, motivated
- Project management skills (Planning, Organizing, Directing)
- Strong skills in systematic program development and the analysis and measurement of outcomes
Southwest General Health Center - 2 years ago