As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
*****Please Note: Ideally this position is based in Montgomery, AL, but due to the travel requirements, will consider a remote work location*********
• Candidate will be responsible for Cisco LAN/WAN support, traffic analysis, troubleshooting low/medium/high level network outages for the customer and providing fix actions.
• Assist customers with the maintenance of network security and ensures compliance with Air Force and Cisco security policies and procedures.
• Evaluates Cisco hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
• Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
• Participates in aspects of network installations and upgrades.
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
• Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
• Provides advice and training to less senior or experienced team members
• Provides advice and training to customers/end-users.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex Cisco related problems.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant Cisco hardware and software as assigned.
• Participates in special projects, as required.
Focuses on the rapid, successful resolution of customer initiated work requests and may occasionally perform service related work outside the network field.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- CCNP or CCDP required.
- Certification in ITIL Foundation required, ITIL Practitioner level and above is referred.
- CompTIA Certification in Security Plus is required.
- CCDE, CCIE, CCIE Routing & Switching, or CCAr desired
8-10 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration, troubleshooting and support
- Thorough understanding of the following technologies: Routing (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), switching technologies (STP, VTP), Layer3/4 switching, VPN as IPSEC, IP and Type 1 Encryption, ACLs, QOS, MPLS, Multicast, DTE/DCE WAN, and additional features.
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, and related network hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Cisco series 3550, 3560, 3750, and 6500 series Switches.
- Knowledge of Cisco 7200, 7400, and 7600 series Routers.
- Knowledge of Ethernet LAN Protocols (Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10G Ethernet), IP protocol suite, configuration of Cisco IOS 12.x, CatOS 6.x.
- Knowledge of VLAN's, Spanning Tree, and routing concepts to include: EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, and Multicast.
- Knowledge of network management applications including Cisco LMS.
- Experience with creating network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with Cat 5 and Cat 6 cable, Patch Panels, and other layer 1 maintenance and installation.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting complex network issues
- Communication and teamwork skills are essential.
- Customer service skills are a must
Active Top Secret Security Clearance, ideally SCI eligible
- Must be willing to deploy to any location in the world for short periods of time. (CONUS and OCUNUS USAF Bases. Travel is estimated at 25% to 50%)
- Must be willing to perform system maintenance duties after-hours and on weekends.
- Must be willing to be on-call for troubleshooting and support.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must hold a valid and current US Passport.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...