Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management and Consulting Services. For 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan (employer matching contribution), tuition reimbursement, computer purchase programs and more. PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) who is committed to hiring a diverse talented team of professional to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customers' expectations.
PSS, Inc. is actively seeking to identify a Budget Financial Project Manager for an assignment located in Washington, DC.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Lead, manage and coordinate a group of BFMS
· Work closely with the government officials while managing BFM groups
· Can operate as a BMF and train BFMs as needed to perform work
· Ensure that BFMs
1. Assist in research, development, and preparation of Program Objective Memorandum (POM) / Program Review (PR) program requirements, and issue papers.
2. Assist in the preparation, update, and review of FMB/DON, OSD/OMB, and Congressional budget exhibits and Budget Back-up material for all appropriations.
3. Provide inputs and recommendations to support the preparation of procurement documentation, including Procurement Requests (PRs) and Statements of Work (SOWs).
4. Assist in the day to day budget execution process by preparing, processing, and tracking the status of funding documents for all appropriations managed by the PEO to contractors and field activities, monitoring and updating spend plans, adjusting allocations to revised budget controls, and preparing reprogramming requests.
5. Monitor obligations and expenditures status, track performance against obligation and expenditure benchmarks, and monitor/reconcile NULOs and ULOs in STARS.
6. Navy ERP experience
7. Provide expertise and cost data to assist in developing and maintaining Life Cycle Cost Estimate Models capable of estimating program costs for each program; preparing formal LCCEs for milestone decisions; providing long term budget estimates for all phases of the program; developing total operating cost baselines and track program performance and initiatives; providing data for ordering economic quantities; performing pricing and tradeoff analysis
8. Write Monthly reports, briefs, performance reviews, and, anticipate risks and identify issues and solutions
· Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics or a related field
· Candidates must have 8+ years of related budget financial management experience.
· Candidates must have 5+ years of related project management in a budget financial management environment.
· Candidates must hold a current and active DOD Secret Clearance.
· Candidates must have experience working with and supporting DOD customers (examples include, but are not limited to, the Army, Navy, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps, etc.), specifically supporting/managing ACAT I and II programs.
· Experience with ERP, EVM, cost estimating
· Certifications such as PMP
· CMMI Experience
· OPNAV and Navy acquisition program office experience
Active DOD Secret Clearance (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.