Nexant is a provider of intelligent grid software and clean energy solutions-pioneering, developing, and advancing electric power grid and alternative energy technologies and services. Our exclusive focus on energy, combined with our well-respected and experienced professionals, proven technology, and proprietary industry information, has earned us distinctive brand recognition and a reputation as a top energy solutions company.
Nexant is an independent company formed on January 1, 2000 by a core group of energy consulting and advanced energy technology units of Bechtel Group, Inc. Since that date, we have added expertise through the strategic acquisition of eight energy technology companies and organically hiring only the best in our field. Our seasoned professionals have completed over 2,900 assignments in more than 100 countries. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Foster City, CA, with 30+ corporate, representative, and project offices in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. We have been profitable since day one with significant growth rates.
Our detailed understanding of the physical behavior and constraints of the power system is embedded in our grid and market operations software. We offer an integrated line of software solutions that addresses all facets of energy markets, from centralized wholesale markets to independent energy retailers and aggregators. Growing trends such as dynamic pricing and demand side management are emphasized. Our domain dominance within the energy value chain and integrated expertise in the market with proprietary technologies makes us a clear leader in our space.
We also provide advisory services for developing and commercializing advanced clean energy technologies as well as supplying technical, operational, and strategic consulting to oil, gas, and chemical majors, energy resource companies, technology owners, governments, and investors. In addition, Nexant is a national leader in the innovative design, implementation, and evaluation of many of the largest commercial, industrial, and residential energy efficiency incentive and demand side management programs in the United States.
Our current investors include TeleSoft Partners, Oak Investment Partners, The Beacon Group, Intel Capital, Nth Power, Morgan Stanley Global Energy Group, Frog and Peach, and Symphony Technology Group, as well as Nexant management and staff. We recently secured another round of funding of $50 million that will help us achieve the rapid growth potential of our company.
Are you interested in having a real impact and helping to change the world? Then join us!
About the Job
Nexant is looking for a Program Administrator in our Wheaton, IL office who will be responsible for providing local utility Demand Side Management program and project support services.
The Program Administrator is an instrumental part of the delivery and success of these programs and will be responsible for administering a program(s) and interfacing with the client and customers. The candidate will be responsible for managing and facilitating both customers and contractors participating in the program, ensuring the timely execution of deliverables to the customers, contractors, and the client.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience and success at managing multiple projects/programs, budgets, deliverables, and client relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer support and program management support for utility Demand Side Management (DSM) programs managed by Nexant's Demand Management Group in Wheaton, IL.
- Manage utility DSM programs to ensure compliance with the contract, regulatory requirements, and operating budget
- Manage two to three sub-contractors and other internal resources as necessary to cost-effectively achieve contractual savings targets
- Manage and collaborate with Nexant's internal technical and outreach teams to ensure best in class and timely client service
- Engage and facilitate Nexant technical staff, as needed (e.g. perform technical analysis, due-diligence reviews, technical assistance, etc.), to ensure robust and timely technical services for utility and end-use clients
- Facilitate program progress reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Support program design activities related to expansion of existing programs and development of new programs
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Management, Construction Management or a related field
- A minimum of three years project/program administration experience
- A minimum of one year in a role involving coordination with contractors
- Preferably a minimum of two years work experience in the energy efficiency industry
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workforce diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Nexant - 12 months ago
Nexant is a provider of intelligent grid software and clean energy solutions-pioneering, developing, and advancing electric power grid and a...