KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Contacting potential suppliers, negotiating most favorable proposals and determining the best source based on total landed cost.
- Receiving quotations, analyzing and checking for pricing, quality and delivery requirements.
- Consolidating annual requirements for commodities common to other assemblies.
- Investigating and recommend changes for the possibility of improving quality without price increase or of substituting a lower-priced commodity to accomplish the same function.
- Engage supply base to assist with design to target cost objectives.
- Developing the most suitable purchasing arrangement for commodities, including contracts, blanket orders, one-time purchases, supplier stocking programs and processes the purchase order in the system.
- Communicating detail of purchasing arrangements to other departments, i.e., prices, terms, and method of handling requirements and expedites purchase orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Responsible for supplier development through the use of formal evaluations and through driving the certification of suppliers.
- Maintain dashboard metrics for assigned suppliers.
- Maintain a strong understanding of assigned commodities/associated market and advising management of industry competitive situations, alternative supply sources, raw material costs, commodity price trends, and supply-demand situations based on knowledge of company's policy.
- Maintaining good relations with supplier personnel.
- Ensures materials, equipment, and supplies availability by tracking and expediting delivery.
- Maintain dashboard metrics for assigned responsibilities.
- Advocating lean principles and continuous improvement concepts.
- Resolves discrepancies by comparing purchase order to delivery documentation; obtaining credits and refunds.
- Improves quality results by analyzing materials, equipment, supplies, and supplier reliability; recommending changes.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Timely issuance of formal request for proposals in accordance with the requirements of internal customers and the project schedule
- Assure an uninterrupted flow of materials, supplies and services required to operate the organization.
- Follows up purchases as necessary through correspondence or telephone to expedite order, change amounts, material, specifications, etc.
oilandgaspeople.com - 15 months ago