- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- No experience required.
- Lead group exercise classes and assist members with exercise prescriptions. Assist phase 3 cardiac rehab as needed.
· 4 year or higher degree in a health-related field or a minimum of 300 hours of practical experience in a fitness setting.
Minimum Work Experience
· Minimum of 6 months experience in the field preferred.
· Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
· Obtain a nationally accredited certification for fitness within 6 months of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Knowledge and experience in techniques and safety of group exercise instruction.
· Possess adequate knowledge of how the body responds to, and is affected by, exercise.
· Demonstrate ability to incorporate suitable and innovative activities that improve functional capacity.
· Demonstrate the ability to positively motivate the group and to communicate and interact effectively with members of the group.
· Demonstrate the ability to answer basic questions related to exercise science and to refer others to appropriate sources of information.
Founded in 1922 by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, St. Francis Hospital is New York State’s only specialty designated cardiac...