- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- No experience required.
- Lead group exercise classes and assist members with exercise prescriptions. Assist phase 3 cardiac rehab as needed.
· 4 year or higher degree in a health-related field or a minimum of 300 hours of practical experience in a fitness setting.
Minimum Work Experience
· Minimum of 6 months experience in the field preferred.
· Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
· Obtain a nationally accredited certification for fitness within 6 months of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Knowledge and experience in techniques and safety of group exercise instruction.
· Possess adequate knowledge of how the body responds to, and is affected by, exercise.
· Demonstrate ability to incorporate suitable and innovative activities that improve functional capacity.
· Demonstrate the ability to positively motivate the group and to communicate and interact effectively with members of the group.
· Demonstrate the ability to answer basic questions related to exercise science and to refer others to appropriate sources of information.
St. Francis Hospital - 22 months ago
Founded in 1922 by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, St. Francis Hospital is New York State’s only specialty designated cardiac...