L&T Health and Fitness is looking for energetic and service oriented health screening technicians and health educators for per diem work in the DC Metro Area. L&T Health and Fitness (www.ltwell.com) is a company of professional providing fitness center design and management, health promotion services, fitness instructor training, wellness program design and delivery, and consulting services to individuals and organizations around the country.
Provide and assist with a variety of on-site Health Screening stations, (finger-stick, blood pressure, body fat, height/weight/waist circumference, bone mineral density, etc). Accurately record participant data. Maintain participant confidentiality.
Follow-up Health Coaching/Education by analyzing results, providing constructive feedback and making recommendations for improvement based on set guidelines.
Present wellness-related topics at health fair “awareness tables” and/or group health education classes. Interact and engage with participants. Draw participants in by building excitement around station. Be able to field questions about given topic and make recommendations based off of guidelines.
As part the job function, you may be asked to provide education on how to lead a healthy lifestyle and reduce health risks identified at the wellness event.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications required
- Experience in a health-related field or profession
- Experience in blood pressure and body composition testing required
- Experience in cholesterol, glucose, bone density, and lung function testing preferred
- Ability to travel and work with a flexible schedule required
- Ability to work weekends and early mornings
- Personal use of vehicle is required; travel costs are at the applicants expense
- Personable; positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates must be able to stand for up to 5 hours (health fairs/screenings).
Pre-employment background check required. EEO.
L&T Health and Fitness - 22 months ago