CHS is the nation’s largest publicly traded hospital company in the U.S. and the leading operator of general acute care hospitals in non-urban communities. As of July 25, 2007, CHS affiliates own or operate more than 130 hospitals in 28 states, with an aggregate of more than 18,700 licensed beds. CHS is the sole provider of general hospital/healthcare services in more than 65% of its markets. In the remaining 35% of the markets, CHS is one of two providers for these services. For the fiscal year ending December 31, 2006, CHS generated $4.4 billion in revenues. CHS-affiliated hospitals employ more than 90,000 people.
POSITION SUMMARY: Associate Financial Application Analyst
Associate Financial Application Analysts work in a fast paced environment requiring skills in software support, QA testing, systems analysis, design and documentation. Functionality supported by the Associate Financial analyst includes but not limited to Human Resources, KRONOS and Payroll. Candidates for this position must be highly motivated, skilled in multi-tasking and have a strong ability to work in a team environment. Analysts consults with and assists users in making the most effective use of computer applications through testing, system monitoring, and problem resolution. Competent to work in all phases of application system analysis and project activities. Ensures all IS work and development complies with corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations Include:
KRONOS Workforce Central Time & Attendance system experience required
Good understanding of all aspects of timekeeping including:
Time Card Edit
Work Rule Transfers
UltiPro Payroll software experience preferred
Understanding of General Ledger systems
Serves as an IS liaison between end users and programmers
Adept in understanding Technical and User Documentation
Effectively executes QA testing plans for software changes/updates
Must have proven analytical and technical skills to be able to devise new and adapt existing methods, techniques and procedures to meet specific requirements
Communicates, prioritizes, tracks, and resolves issues in a timely fashion
Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
KRONOS Workforce Central Time & Attendance system required
Possesses basic knowledge of data file transfers, extracts, downloads, system interfaces
Experience working with relational databases and tools
AS400 experience a plus
Demonstrates proficiency in Excel, Word, MS Project, Access
Bachelors Degree in IS or related field; Masters Degree Preferred Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Associate Applications Analyst: One to two years experience in computer programming and/or systems analysis or hospital experience with system deployment, training and support. Experience in coordinating small to medium work projects with supervision or equivalent appropriate experience. Ability to perform requirements as outlined in the job description responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
Two to four years experience in computer programming and/or systems analysis, with experience in coordinating medium to large work projects on own or with minimal supervision, and demonstrated proven ability and performance as an Associate Applications Analyst or equivalent appropriate experience. Ability to perform requirements as outlined in the job description responsibilities on own or with minimal or no supervision.
Senior Applications Analyst:
Four years experience in computer programming and/or systems analysis, with experience in coordinating multiple, large projects with no supervision and demonstrated proven ability and performance as an Applications Analyst or equivalent appropriate experience. Ability to perform requirements as outlined in the job description responsibilities with no supervision. Formal technical training or certification is required.
IS Staff / Data Processing
TN-Franklin (Nashville Region)
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 17 months ago