This position is located at Lilly Corporate Center and primarily provides support to the Insulins & Devices Development Leader and COO supporting Insulins & Devices. Key responsibilities include administrative support, communication management, scheduling management, office management and other supportive duties for direct and indirect business partners to make them more productive and effective. This position is also responsible for scheduling and managing agendas for the weekly Insulins & Devices Leadership Team (IDLT) meetings and other routine meetings for Insulins and Devices.
The successful candidate must be professional, well-organized, proactive and have strong written and verbal communication skills, computer hardware and software skills, and problem solving skills. The candidate must be able to efficiently multi-task and maintain a positive attitude of engagement.
- Manage time to meet the multiple demands of the Development Leader and COO
- Maintain daily calendars for Development Leader and COO with timely updates
- Coordinate calendars and meetings with external partners
- Arrange travel and schedule requests, anticipating travelers’ individual needs, preferences
- Anticipate scheduling needs, proactively plan regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings (teleconferences, webconferences, live)
- Proactively schedule and manage agendas and communications for IDLT and other routine meetings for Insulins and Devices
- Owner/Site Administrator for the IDLT and IDPT collaboration sites
- Proactively prepare agendas for weekly IDLT meetings, quarterly town halls, and other routine meetings for Insulins and Devices
- Prepare materials for distribution, meeting presentations
- Communicate independently in response to incoming requests on behalf of business partners
- Communicate daily with business partners to keep informed on changing priorities and other important business activities
- Stay current on email and voicemail
- Integrate into and work with other AAs in support of the mobile work environment
- Perform general administrative tasks (printing, faxing, copying, ordering supplies)
- Maintain, handle, and process confidential information
- Serve as a backup for other administrative assistants when needed
- Coordinate computer and Blackberry upgrades for business partners and other departmental personnel
- Prepare electronic expense reports
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficiency in Outlook email and calendaring, collaboration sites, business travel, meeting planning/coordination
- Five+ years prior administrative assistant experience
- High level of organizational and planning skills, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with little direction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to take on new assignments/projects as needed
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Prior Lilly experience with special emphasis on supporting a product team preferred
- Requires on-site presence during core working hours Monday through Friday
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
- They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel so classified.
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER