High School Core Subject
Angleton High School
Serves grades 9-12
Shall develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Shall prepare lessons that reflect accommodations/ modifications for individual student differences and request assistance necessary for their modifications.
3. Shall work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP) that have been provided to the teacher.
4. Shall present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board policies, and administrative regulations.
5. Shall participate in curriculum development and revision and assist in curriculum implementation.
6. Shall cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
7. Shall plan and supervise appropriate assignments for teacher assistant(s) and/or volunteer(s).
8. Shall use technologies in the teaching/learning process as appropriate.
9. Shall assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study as needed.
10. Shall consistently assess student achievement through formal, informal, and varied assessment measures.
11. Shall assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
12. Shall create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
13. Shall manage student behavior in the classroom, on campus, at school events, and administer discipline according to Board policies, administrative regulations, and IEP.
14. Shall take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
15. Shall assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
16. Shall establish and maintain, in a timely manner, open lines of communication with students and their parents/guardians.
17. Shall use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
18. Shall maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
19. Shall participate in the district staff development program.
20. Shall demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement, including but not limited to, workshops, seminars, and professional readings.
21. Shall demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
22. Shall keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Shall assist in the development of grade level/department budget.
24. Shall compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents in compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
25. Shall attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
26. Shall maintain safety standards in conformance with all rules, regulations, policies, administrative and supervisory directives.
27. Shall perform other duties as assigned by appropriate supervisor or superintendent.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
or TEA approved certification requirements
Valid Texas teaching certificate, with required endorsements for subject/level assigned
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Possess the necessary mechanical skills to perform effectively in the curriculum area served
No previous experience required
Possess the mental ability to communicate (verbal and written), to instruct, and to maintain appropriate and professional demeanor.
$43,000 - $56,930
5 local personal days
5 state sick days
Texas Association of School Administrators - 12 months ago