Position: Assistant Internal Auditor|
EEO# PR 2-11
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is seeking an Assistant Internal Auditor who will support the office of Internal Audit in its objective of providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the universitys operations. Under the supervision of the Director of Internal Audit, the Assistant Internal Auditor conducts financial, compliance, and operational audits of university departments and programs to determine the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with university regulations and state and federal laws. In keeping with the offices philosophy, the incumbent shall partner with other campus departments to improve university operations.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Audit in his absence.
- Assists in the development of the annual audit plan.
- Complete and submit timely work papers resulting from completed audit work to the Director of Internal Audit to acknowledge satisfactory performance or to set forth observations and/or recommendations for correction or improvement.
- At the direction of the Director of Internal Audit assist in the investigation of suspected fraudulent activities within the university and timely notify the administration of findings.
- Presents audit findings and provides technical assistance to university departments.
- Perform other activities as described in the University of Louisiana System Internal Audit Charter Audit Committee Charter (B-IV.B.3-1) found at http://www.ulsystem.net/.
QUALIFICATIONS & SALARY: Undergraduate degree in accounting or business related field from a regionally accredited university; plus two years of professional level experience in auditing required.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Completed requirements for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification; Experience in university, government, or commercial auditing or related fields; Word processing and spreadsheet proficiency. A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities may also be acceptable. Salary is commensurate with credentials and experience.
Applications: For initial consideration, please apply by March 8, 2013. Applicants should send their resume and the name of three references to: Internal Audit Director, P.O. Drawer 44548, Lafayette, LA 70504.
See the full job description at http://personnel.louisiana.edu/vacancies
CareerBuilder - 16 months ago