We are currently seeking career minded Electrical Maintenance Technicians for our plant located at 2800 W. Custer Ave., Milwaukee, WI. RockTenn is one of North America's leading manufacturers of paperboard, containerboard and consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world's largest paper recyclers, with annualized net sales of approximately $10 billion. Based in Atlanta, GA, we operate 245 facilities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina and China.
In North America, we are the largest paper recycler, largest display manufacturer, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging and 2nd largest producer of clay-coated recycled paperboard
If you enjoy this shared pursuit of perfection, a constant commitment to thinking beyond convention, putting customers first, reducing waste or discovering value where others haven't, you're one of us.
Primary duties include providing safe and timely mechanical and electrical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment. The ideal candidate will have mechanical and electrical experience, a familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics and have basic troubleshooting experience with proven ability of machine repair.
High school diploma or equivalent
Technical School from accredited institution
Journeyman Status preferred
Join a company that excels in attracting, developing and empowering employees to reach their potential.
- 2-3 years of Electrical Experience.
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- A strong PLC trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must be fully computer literate with Microsoft environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability t o work various shifts / overtime / days per week.
- Corrugated background is a plus, but not required
Rock Tenn Company - 14 months ago