About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position provides clerical support to ensure patients achieve a smooth and timely transition from an acute care facility or in the outpatient setting to help prevent readmissions. This position assists with setting up outpatient services or providing resources to help the patient maintain optimal care. This position performs follow-up tasks identified during the hospital assessment for management of patients across the healthcare continuum or when the patient is in the continuum and needs additional resource support.
- Works with the patient to coordinate transitions into or out of a care setting in order to obtain appropriate services and benefits. This may include faxing information, performing referrals or tasking other depts. or consultants, arranging authorization and transportation, assuring transfer documentation completion, arranging DME, coordinating home health care, confirming arrangements, obtaining clothing, making physician or outpatient appointments, obtaining test results, obtaining medications, etc.
- Performs transfer of accurate, pertinent patient information between levels of care. Performs follow-up calls to patients and providers regarding their experience and issue resolution.
- Participates in departmental improvements, Banner initiatives and performs data collection for measurement of projects.
- Documents accurately and timely all interventions and necessary patient related activities in the correct medical record.
- Works collaboratively with team members; promotes collaborative relationships with vendors, community and referral resources.
- May perform tasks such as routine utilization reviews, securing community resources/information or other tasks as related to clinical specialty. May perform secretarial/cross coverage where needed. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires high school or equivalent. The position requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3 years experience in healthcare as a Nursing Asst, Medical Asst, Health Unit Coordinator, Patient Care Tech, etc. Requires an understanding of medical terminology. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, strong organizational and time management skills and flexibility in responding to multiple demands
Bilingual, preferred in some assignments. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 23 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.