Designs and implements computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, backups, restores and protection. Utilizes various support tools to administer the Oracle databases. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
• Participates in the logical database design
• Converts logical database design to physical database for implementation.
• Ensures all design standards and best practices are followed.
• Implements database backup and recovery procedures utilizing RMAN
• Performs database recoveries
• Implements database security procedures
• Provides on call support for IT database issues.
• Performs Oracle database software upgrades as needed.
• Performs ERP applications software upgrades as needed.
• Monitors database performance and usage utilizing OEM
• Makes or recommends database and SQL performance improvements as needed.
• Assists applications development with efficient database access for optimal performance
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelors of Science with 5 years’ experience or Master’s Degree
• Two to three years Oracle DBA experience utilizing Unix Experience
• Provide Unix shell script support
• Experience in a RAC environment desirable
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with other members of IT in a team setting.
• Previous experience as an Oracle developer preferred
• Previous experience as an Oracle applications DBA involving ERP preferred.
• Background in Teradata, SQLServer or DB2 UDB a definite plus.
Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on New York's...