Job Title: Railcar Switchman
Business Unit: SGS Petroleum Service Corporation
Type of Position: Non-exempt
Primary Responsibilities: Works with the engineer on the train to safely move railcars in, out and around of the plant.
Reporting to: SGS Site Supervisor
- Examines track list in order to determine which cars are to be spotted, loaded, and/or shipped.
- Proceeds to the designated track(s) in order to separate cars to be shipped, loaded as well as to ensure that there is proper track space available for inbound cars.
- Separates inbound cars and spots for loading/discharge.
- Spots any other cars that may be designated for loading/discharge.
- Ensures that all cars which have been spotted are properly secured by means of setting the brake.
- Pulls loaded cars and separates cars that will be shipped from those that have been preloaded.
- Checks outbound cars in order to ensure that all cars are properly connected.
- Weighs all inbound and outbound loads and empties.
- Ensures that DOT certification for weight on outbound loads is not exceeded.
- Any other duties that may be assigned in order to complete the assigned task.
Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs.of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Ability to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps poles and the like. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear and have a good vision. Ability to work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold. High school diploma or equivalency.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more than 60 years, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) has been committed to safely and efficiently meeting the product handling...