Skills & Knowledge
- Proven organization, analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated success of specialty retail planning, developing retail systems and field operational standards.
- Ability to monitor performance and adjust strategy based on constantly-changing market conditions.
- Ability to simultaneously manage and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate and manage potential problems and develop creative solutions.
- Process and results-driven individual with the ability to manage and deliver results in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Senior-level cross-functional management experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in multi-store, specialty retail management/supervisory experience.
- Proven ecommerce success.
- Up to 40% travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred
This individual manages all components of the retail and ecommerce channels for Lindt USA, including but not limited to: sales, marketing, budgeting, operational controls and metrics, human resources, and training for the D2C (Direct to Consumer) Division. This individual will foster a team environment across channels and geographies among corporate and field employees. In addition the individual in this position is responsible for managing field Regional Manager, Manager of Retail Marketing, Ecommerce Manager and Operations Manager.
Retail Field Sales and Training
- Consistently achieve sales goals and profitability while operating within planned budget to contribute to the overall profitability of Retail Stores and the D2C (Direct to Consumer) Division.
- Direct the retail strategy by managing the Retail Field team and corporate in a result-orientated, timely, and fiscally responsible manner.
- Retain, develop, and recruit a Field Sales and Store sales infrastructure reflecting the premium brand image, business understanding, and commitment to achieving desired results.
- Insure operational policies and procedures are developed, effectively implemented, and maintained to achieve organizational consistency and efficiency throughout the Retail Stores.
- Responsible for consistent execution and proactive evaluation of meaningful and sustainable field training programs utilizing appropriate teaching methods and adult learning techniques this includes but is not limited to: Regional Managers, District Managers, Store level and Leadership Development. Additionally, provide train-the-trainer support to Regional, District, and Store Management, as appropriate.
Store Communication, Operational Controls and Loss Prevention Standards
- Develop and direct the Ecommerce strategy while partnering with the Ecommerce Manager and Manager of Retail Marketing to implement the vision.
- Consistently achieve sales goals and profitability while operating within planned budget to contribute to the overall profitability of Retail Stores of the D2C (Direct to Consumer) Division.
- Recognize Lindt.com importance as online "face of the brand" to build brand equity, support total Lindt marketing efforts and serve as hub for all digital efforts.
- Utilize your knowledge of most current ecommerce best-practices to make Lindt an ecommerce leader in the chocolate and gifting categories.
- Track and monitor activities and performance of competitive set.
- Define strategies and manage the timely and effective outbound and inbound communication within the Retail Stores within the approved budgetary guidelines.
- Direct and maintain a viable loss prevention program to include a comprehensive LP awareness campaign for Retail Stores; track and report all activities to Senior Management.
- Partner with Finance, Inventory Management, and Human Resources to monitor and/or to insure field shortage and loss/asset prevention issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
Information Technology and Human Resources
- Partner with international team members and US IT group to transition Lindt.com to new ecommerce platform.
- Work with the Retail Operations Manager to direct and manage the proactive communication with IT to coordinate retail store/temporary store opening/closing dates for all IT related systems insuring equipment and services are available when needed.
- Work with the Retail Operations Manager to ensure seamless communication and project execution with IT ensuring the successful implementation of new initiatives and upgrades.
- Partners with Human Resources to address employee relations issues; identifying appropriate training and/or coaching opportunities and follow up to ensure effective, legally compliant, and consistent resolutions are reached.
Lindt & Sprüngli
- 19 months ago - save job