Information Assurance Security Analyst (Job Number: 320842)
SAIC is seeking an Information Assurance Security Analyst to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC.
The Information Assurance Security Analyst has the responsibility to secure and maintain all engineering projects and laboratory environments under the engineering group’s responsibility. This includes IT systems, and Independent Verification and Validation labs. Activities include
- Providing oversight and monitoring of statistics related to meeting compliance requirements.
- Evaluating, improving, and maintaining the security posture of computer/network information systems.
- Conducting vulnerability assessments and analyses, using standard DOD software (Retina, Gold Disk, SRR, HBSS Compliance scans) as well as manual checklist verification.
- Developing and implementing mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities.
- Developing and maintaining system Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Updating applicable C&A documentation.
- Providing Technical Engineering support for Security related policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Updating security specific Engineering project artifacts.
Required Education and Skills: Candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security or other IT related field. Additional experience and certifications may be substituted for the Bachelors Degree.
In addition, candidates:
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust level security clearance quickly.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of experience in an Information Assurance area.
- Must have systems operations experience with and server and networking equipment
- Must have experience in a variety of IT system configuration and system remediation.
- Must be able to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess Security certifications (ISC2, Comptia, SANS, etc)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Unix administration.
- IT-related certifications.
- Experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix, and Solaris).
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 15, 2013, 8:44:05 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...