Job Summary: Position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Company’s sales & use tax function including handling compliance, research, and audits. Position will also be responsible for excise taxes.
Specific Duties: Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in determining the taxability of transactions
- Prepare returns and coordinate the payment of tax
- Assist with developing appropriate planning strategies to minimize tax exposure
- Locate and compile invoice data for audits and tax analysis
- Assist with managing audits including the preparation of protests
- Inform Operations and Accounting personnel of relevant tax laws to increase taxability awareness
- Assist with ensuring compliance with any relevant SOX processes
- Candidate should have strong analytical and communication skills.
- General understanding of both the upstream and mid-stream sectors of the petroleum industry is beneficial.
- Minimal requirements are a degree in Accounting and 2 years of related oil and gas work experience.
- CPA is preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products is a must.
- Position will report to Tax Supervisor - Transactional Taxes.
SandRidge Energy, Inc - 2 years ago
This sand ridge reveals not a desert but a vista of future profits. SandRidge Energy explores for and produces oil and natural gas in the Pe...