Telular Corporation, a leader in event monitoring and wireless access technology, has an opening for Sr. Firmware Engineer at its subsidiary SkyBitz, Inc. in Herndon, VA.
SkyBitz is the leader in global remote asset management solutions, providing real-time information on the location and status of valuable assets. More than 700 enterprises rely on SkyBitz technology to achieve total asset visibility, improved security, lower operating and capital expenses, and enhanced customer service. Since becoming commercially available in 2002, the company has enjoyed double digit growth, remains dedicated to developing innovative technologies and plans an aggressive international expansion.
The Senior Firmware Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing real-time embedded software for microprocessor/microcontroller based asset tracking systems and supporting peripherals. The role involves working on complicated and highly integrated systems including small, low-power, low-cost satellite and terrestrial based tracking devices, ground station satellite modem equipment, local area wireless communications and network protocols, serial communication interfaces and protocols, and sensor interfaces for cargo, pressure, temperature, motion, chemical, and more.
Successful Candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- Support the existing and previous generations of the product in the form of bug fixes and research into workarounds to issues in previous firmware releases.
- Develop complete system design solutions with appropriate documentation such as HLD, LLD, SDD and protocol documents.
- Develop firmware for new and current products to add features and functionality through firmware updates.
- Develop and maintain firmware for sensor products.
- Support other members of the firmware development team on other products and projects.
- Collaborate with other functional groups in order to develop ideas and new products, features and services ranging from complete new products to firmware on an existing product to provide a new functionality.
- Help manage and maintain software version control system including firmware release and labeling control.
- Provide Tier III technical support to Customer Care by troubleshooting problems that are encountered in the field including the research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues.
- Provide support for Manufacturing Test in the form of test firmware, reprogramming tools and Automated Test software .
We look for individuals with energy, passion and vision to help provide our customers with superior products, services and assistance. If this sounds like you and you’re looking to further your career with a company at the forefront of its industry, apply today!
- Minimum BSEE, and MSEE a plus
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Proficient at programming in C, C++ and assembly a plus
- Understands DSP techniques (FFT's, IFFT's, Complex Correlations, FIR filtering, Frequency shifting, comb filters)
- Experienced with Communication signal processing (Acquisition, Tracking, Demodulation, Decoding MSK spread spectrum waveform)
- Experience writing kernels/drivers to interface h/w (e.g. tune radios, prog RTC, timers, flash, FPGA, overlays, boot up, pci bus, etc)
- Able to implement all these functions in a real-time processing system using C / C++ and ASM in background tasks and interrupts.
- Strong skills in real-time embedded programming
- Familiar with ARM, MSP430, Motorola 56309 DSP processors, Renesas R32C
- Proficient in "C", and using Compilers, Linkers, Locators, Simulators, Emulators, Debug tools (Oscilloscopes, Spec Analyzers. Etc).
- Experience with serial port interfaces, half duplex multipoint protocols (e.g. SDLC), and possibly data compression.
- Strong integration, debug, and problem solving skills including a good understanding of Analog and Digital Hardware.
Monster - 13 months ago
Telular Corporation (Telular) designs, develops, and distributes products and services, which utilize wireless networks to provide data and...