Company: Magnetic ( www.magnetic.com )
Headquarters: New York City, NY
Position base: New York City, NY
DO YOU HAVE A MAGNETIC PERSONALITY? This is a rare opportunity for a NYC-based online professional at an exciting start-up in the fast growing media space.
Magnetic is looking for talented, passionate, experienced, and entrepreneurial Big Data Developer. You will be responsible for design, development, and operations of the Multi-terabyte Data Processing framework in an agile environment using Hadoop/Pig/HBase/Python. This role requires the candidate to possess, or have a willingness to acquire, skills in large-volume data manipulation with NoSQL / Hadoop technologies.
- 1+years of Python development experience
- 4+ years of overall software development experience
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical specifications, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
- A strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their performance characteristics
- Proficiency in working and developing on Linux: redhat, centos, fedora, or ubuntu
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- 1+year experience working with Hadoop/Pig/Hive/Hbase/MapReduce.
- Interest in machine learning, data mining and NLP
- Experience in building back-end systems for an Internet startup, an advertising network, or a search engine
- Proficient in Agile development, and able to integrate tightly with business and operations teams
- Experience with automated testing (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
- Experience with Cloud Computing, and some basic systems administration
- Experience with NoSQL stores
Magnetic, the leader in search retargeting, specializes in reaching consumers with relevant display ads based on their search history. As the partner of choice for leading Fortune 500 brands, Magnetic powers both brand awareness and direct response campaigns through its core capabilities which include search retargeting, advanced media optimization, programmatic buying, site retargeting and extensive creative opportunities.
Magnetic uses billions of search data points to build audiences and effectively reach consumers across a wide range of inventory sources. This includes exchange media and premium channels available through direct publisher partners. Magnetic is headquartered in NYC, and has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago & Detroit.
For more information, please visit http://www.magnetic.is.