ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
The Dean promotes ITT Technical Institute’s mission by providing effective academic leadership and oversight of a campuses’ academic operations, instruction, assessment, faculty training and professional development programs, and library services. The Dean is responsible for the overall success of a campuses’ Academic Affairs department.
- Delivers quality education by managing academic resources, ensuring proper instruction, assessment and delivery of curriculum materials, managing the learning environment, and facilitating the use of the institution’s learning methods and materials.
- Leads and manages the campuses’ Academic Affairs department including library services.
- Recruits, interviews and selects direct reports.
- Provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Establishes performance expectations, monitors performance (including conducting classroom observations), analyzes key performance indicators, provides coaching and feedback, evaluates performance and recommends corrective actions.
- Collaborates with campus leadership team to determine faculty staffing needs. Facilitates the selection, hiring and scheduling of faculty as recommended by the Associate Dean, Associate Dean – General Studies, Chairs and Program Chairs.
- Oversees faculty and staff training and professional development programs.
- Directs and evaluates the achievement of student performance objectives. Performs attrition analysis and manages the campuses’ retention program.
- In cooperation with the campus leadership team, the Associate Dean, Associate Dean – General Studies, Chairs and Program Chairs, creates academic goals and objectives for the Institutional Effectiveness Plan and directs department staff in the achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Ensures the department’s compliance with policies and procedures, ethical practices, government agencies’ guidelines and accrediting organizations’ criteria. Stays abreast of changes in law, regulations and policies and procedures. Provides proper and timely documentation to support regulatory compliance and provides training, guidance and direction to ensure understanding and compliance within department staff.
- Delivers quality student services that promote academic success by planning and managing student orientations, overseeing academic advising, and managing academic support services such as tutoring and remediation programs.
- Resolves faculty, staff and student concerns in a timely and fair manner and documents properly.
- Responsible for the campuses’ Advisory Board meetings. Promotes faculty’s and staff’s affiliation with professional and community organizations.
- Participates in the development of the campuses’ business plan and budget.
- Promotes student enrollment growth by developing and implementing retention strategies and initiatives, overseeing the campuses’ re-entry program (as directed by the Director), attending campus events, and involvement in community and professional organizations and events.
- Apprises Director of major issues and status of initiatives, trends and opportunities on a timely basis.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), group medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, a tuition discount program of more than 50% for you and your immediate family members, and employee tuition reimbursement, just to name a few.
- Master’s degree is required in a related area from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, two of those years in a supervisory capacity. Three years experience in post-secondary education at an accredited institution. Experience working with accrediting and regulatory agencies preferred.
- Experience in organizing and writing reports and presentations. Able to interact with all levels of management, employees and students. The ability to utilize different methods and mediums to deliver material. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as planning, organizing and delegation skills.
- Efficiently utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office, course management system software, and internet proficiencies.
- Demonstrates a willingness to adapt and maintain a positive orientation to change and to learn new methodologies, technologies and systems.
- Skilled in recruiting, interviewing and hiring new employees. Experience in supervising employees with ability to assign work, train employees, and conduct job performance reviews. Able to foster a positive and productive work environment with ability to lead, build teams and motivate staff.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in solving complex problems for individuals or teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
- Strong work ethic, timely and accurately organize, prioritize and complete all job responsibilities. Proven track record of project completions. Work independently and with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of quality work product and output. Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Interact in a cooperative and professional manner with others, work in a team environment. Past history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
Visit us at http://careers-itt-tech.icims.com to learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College’s safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College’s premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College’s students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2011 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY .
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.
ITT Educational Services Inc. - 9 months ago
ITT Educational Services, Inc. (ITT/ESI), is a provider of postsecondary degree programs in the United States based on revenue and student...