- This position is located in Anadarko's Rockies Region as a member of the Drilling Engineering Team.
- Requires 7 or more years hands on drilling supervisory experience at the well site level.
- Relevant field experience including exposure to horizontal drilling activities.
- Exposure to drilling contract administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of rig site safety
- This position requires a person that is a fact oriented decision maker who will utilize the data available and the skills of engineers, field personnel, and outside personnel to lead the team to operational excellence.
- Manages communications with well supervisors on multiple rigs.
- Manages budgets for drilling program.
- Participates in discussions on conceptual field development.
- Creates multidisciplinary teams to evaluate the commercial viability of the well and monitor progress during drilling.
- Manages relationships between teams.
- Manages data collection, carry out analysis on site and determine immediate actions as necessary.
- Leads full engineering analyses of rig site data and review well reports.
- Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility.
- Directs and controls drilling activities. Results have major impact in terms of cost, direction, and people management.
- Makes decisions for small-scale projects involving own functional area.
- Reports frequently to upper level management.
- Works within broad guidelines and procedures and interprets application of policies/procedures/technical methods for staff.
- Required to apply ingenuity and originality.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common business/technical issues within established policies.
- Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors.
- Recruits and supports development of direct staff members.
- Plans, directs and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff.
- Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support levels.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required
Engineering Bachelor’s degree required, Petroleum Engineering Degree preferred
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required
This position is eligible for domestic relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%
This position covers 24-hour operations and must be available for 24/7 on call
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation - 21 months ago
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...