Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc. – a leader in the student financial services industry – is seeking a Mainframe Developer with the knowledge, experience, and desire to work in a cross-platform environment comprised primarily of mainframe systems.
The Great Lakes Information Systems Development staff is responsible for the development and maintenance of mission critical systems and applications that support our business in the roles of Student Loan Guaranty, Servicing, and Default Recovery.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle including analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support. The candidate will be part of a team that builds and maintains mainframe-based COBOL, CICS and DB2 applications while interacting with J2EE applications that run in batch and interactive environments.
This position is available in our offices in Madison, WI; Eau Claire, WI; Aberdeen, SD; and Rocky Hill, CT.
Required Skills :
Desired Skills :
- Knowledge equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Two or more years of development experience using COBOL in a Z/OS environment. Additional experience with Java in a distributed environment is also valuable.
- Strong development skills using COBOL, DB2, JCL, and SQL in a DB2 environment.
- Demonstrated analytical experience delivering high-level and detailed technical specifications.
- Comfortable using a disciplined development methodology and adhering to development standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver assignments on time, on budget, and with the required functionality.
- Leadership skills to successfully identify, plan, and complete multiple assignments concurrently.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, refine, and prioritize requirements from business owners through meetings, questionnaires or interviews.
- Experience developing and maintaining financial business systems.
- Experience with formal testing techniques and using automated testing tools
- Experience maintaining J2EE applications using WSAD or RAD development environment, Eclipse, and WebSphere Application Server.
- Familiarity with IBM’s WebSphere MQ, In Sync, Move for DB2, REXX, SAS and CICS is a large plus.
- Experience using XML to enable the definition, transmission, validation, and interpretation of data between applications and organizations is valuable.