Provides support services, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff in accordance with state regulations, assists the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort according to the patient’s plan of care.
1. Meets federal/state requirements for this position.
2. Home Health Aide (HHA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 484.36. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the agency.
3. Upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.36(a)
4. Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting
5. Has not had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensation since last competency training.
6. Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
7. Able to work as a team member.
8. Current CPR certification
9. High school graduate or equivalent.
10. Current state certification as a nurse assistant preferred.
11. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided our growth into one of the nation’s leading home health and hospice care organizations. With Amedisys, you’ll be part of a culture focused on delivering the care that’s best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation, care empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life.
The health care industry is changing; at Amedisys we’re developing a new model of care that not only reduces preventable hospital readmissions and saves money, but provides convenience, compassion and customized service for every patient. We believe we can do that by focusing on quality care, improving technology and efficiency, and hiring employees who care not just with their hands and head, but also with their heart.
Our people are our business; Amedisys invests in you throughout your career with industry-leading educational benefits, including free clinical continuing education and tuition assistance. And our career ladders program lets you map out your professional development and advancement opportunities, helping you build a career, not just a job.
We offer competitive salaries and one of the best benefit packages in the industry:
The decision to join the Amedisys team is a decision that is rewarded on a daily basis by the difference we make in the lives of our patients and their families.
- 401 (K) plan with employer-matching contribution available for all employees
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan available to full and part-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
Home Health/Hospice Aide
Amedisys, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the nation’s...