The Technical Writer’s responsibilities include serving as a communications writing expert, serving as a resource to all OverDrive departments, and ensuring a consistent voice, style and tone to OverDrive communications.
- Act as team writer for technical communication across multiple producct lines. May include documentation, help articles, support solutions, FAQs, alerts, web copy, blogs, and more.
- Update Help resources, ensuring all materials are aligned with current releases.
- Support writing, review and approval cycles to meet project targets.
- Maintain and apply company style guide. Provide support for consistent language, format, voice, tone.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and capture detailed information to develop technical materials.
- Proofreading and editing.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
- Bachelor degree in related field (English, Communication, Marketing, Business, Computer Science, etc.).
- 0 – 3 years (Technical Writer) relevant writing experience in a corporate technology environment. 1 – 5 years (Technical Writer I/II) relevant writing experience in a corporate technology environment.
- Solid understanding of structured writing techniques, templates, style guides, and file management.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources. Able to explain complex concepts in a clear and simple manner.
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative. Ability to track project timelines as well as strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience with intermediate skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- HTML and CSS experience desired.
- MadCap experience preferred.
OverDrive, Inc - 14 months ago
OverDrive is the leading solution provider for trusted digital media fulfillment of audio books, eBooks, and other digital content to...