- Procures and supervises the procurement of materials, equipment and services.
- Assist / lead vendor selection and negotiation process including RFP & RFQ creation, establishing participation criteria, non-disclosures, presentations, negotiations, recommendation, contract finalization and implementation
- Conduct thorough in-depth total business spend analysis for corporate goods and services and develop methodology/metrics and tools to track progress.
- Drive cost savings through procurement strategies and processes.
- Manage overall supplier performance, lead-time reductions, cost and quality improvements.
- Assists with overall material and inventory management.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-10 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Procurement, Contracting and Management practices and procedures.
- Excellent MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) capabilities required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution environments within a process type industry.
- Experience within either food, medical devices, pharmaceuticals or other similarly regulated industries.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Certification desirable in ISM/NAPM and / or APICS.
Indeed - 22 months ago