Responsible for the engineering activities related to the development, upgrade, maintenance and application of PSA (probabilistic safety analysis) for the PWRs in the Entergy fleet. May also be requested to support the PSA activities for the BWRs in the Entergy fleet. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
software), containment performance analysis and consequence analysis (Level 2/Level 3 PSA) and adapting/developing quantitative and qualitative risk assessments in the area of Fire PSA, Seismic risk, Shutdown risk, Internal flooding, and related areas.
- Provide plant support in the area of Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA), including developing and maintaining the EN sitesÂ¿ PSA models - Level 1 PSA (Performing data analysis, human reliability analysis, fault tree modeling using the CAFTA and EOOS software), Thermal Hydraulic analysis (e.g., MAAP
- Familiarization and use of relevant PSA computer software as needed. Use MS Toolkit and MathCAD as needed to improve processes.
- Work on various PSA Applications such as Maintenance Rule, MSPI, on-line risk management, riskinformed regulatory issues, licensing renewal, regulatory interfaces, etc. as requested.
- Perform engineering calculations in the areas of PSA and risk based initiatives and SDP issues as requested.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Engineering or other scientific discipline / physical science generally associated with power plant operations or Equivalent Experience. (Equivalent Experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Engineer / Technical Specialist level.)
- 0 to 8 years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level.
- Good to excellent communication skills and experience / proficiency in PC use and applications, depending upon engineering level.
- SRO license or certification.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and fleet priorities.
- 1 year supervisory experience for Senior Staff and Senior Lead Engineer levels.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Corporation - 2 years ago