Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs more than 4,500 people in North America. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® pickles, peppers, and relish, Mrs. Butterworth’s® and Log Cabin® syrups, Armour® canned meats, Nalley® and Brooks® chili and chili ingredients, and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steam fresh®, C&W®, McKenzie’s®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® meals, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts, Swanson® and Hungry-Man® dinners and entrees, Van de Kamp’s® and Mrs. Paul’s® seafood, Lender’s® bagels and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim’s Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian™ Kettle Style Potato Chips, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman’s® in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for analyzing process and package systems in order to develop and recommend improvement plans that support on-going cost reduction, efficiency improvements, and quality enhancement strategies in a continuous improvement environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with managers and employees to identify potential line or system opportunities within the confines of a manufacturing facility.
- Utilizes tools such as SPC, operations downtime tracking, and maintenance records to identify greatest losses and focus factory resources for the greatest gain.
- Assists operations and maintenance in troubleshooting specific issues.
- Leads and/or supports capital project teams as a technical resource; prioritizes project completion with the team based on ROI.
- Works with team to deliver the greatest potential reliability and performance from the existing asset base
No direct reports – this is seen as an entry level developmental management position with growth potential into engineering or production acumens.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning, etc. to identify opportunity areas
- Creative in problem solving and innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Microsoft office skills such as PowerPoint, Project Manager, Excel and Word.
- Engineer by trade preferably chemical.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes and work with others to identify opportunities areas via data.
BS in Engineering – Preferably Chemical; MBA preferred but not required.
2- 5 years of engineering project experience in manufacturing settings.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All openings will be filled based on the qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sponsor, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or as a veteran of the Vietnam Era. All applicants are invited to complete the Affirmative Action Supplement.
- Has worked in a manufacturing environment to identify continuous improvement projects.
- Strong manufacturing understanding coupled with a desire to move into engineering or manufacturing functions over time.
- Solid systems understanding and ability to identify improvements needed.
- Hands on management style and solid communication ability.
- Able to effectively interface within all levels of the organization.
Pinnacle Food Group LLC - 20 months ago