Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Structural
Job Title :
Structural Lead Designer
Type of Position:
• Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of Civil/Structural Engineering design
• Capability with 2D and/or 3D plant design
• Experience in Oil & Gas related projects
• PDS Framework
• MicroStation J
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking a Structural Lead Designer to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Under minimal supervision, develops complex engineering drawings.
•Applies a solid level of understanding within a specific discipline.
• Exercises sound judgment in assessing problem situations or complex design issues, and uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
• Basic understanding of engineer’s process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.
• Fully understands the purpose and use of vendor documents, reviews them for accuracy and resolves discrepancies. Also reviews discipline supplier documents and other discipline’s supplier documents for accuracy.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management and can review/advise on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Understands and applies business development concepts and principles, financial terminology and measures, and provides support for proposals.
• Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor costs requirements for design staff and monitors data to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Intermediate knowledge of cost estimating methods and performs thorough and accurate material take-offs for the discipline.
• Intermediate knowledge of discipline’s materials costs and cost analysis and forecasting methods.
• Intermediate knowledge of the project change control process, rationale and requirement, and identifies potential changes.
• Full understanding of the discipline’s equipment and material lists and instructs others in their use and requirements. Prepares designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to Designers and Technicians.
• Reviews completed work with design and drafting personnel responsible for its completion to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data.
• Advises the Design Supervisor or Supervising Design Engineer (SDE) about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays, and adverse problems.
• Understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of design tasks associated with assigned project.
• Assists in interpreting industry codes, permits, and standards, and ensures design and drawing compliance.
• Understands the role of each of the other disciplines in Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation - 5 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through i...