Under the direct supervision of the Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Attorney Recruiting & Development Assistant is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support and assistance to the attorney recruiting and development department. The Attorney Recruiting & Development Assistant is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Attorney Recruiting & Development Assistant must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage front desk in department suite.
- Answer telephones and open and distribute mail.
- Maintain recruiting database and filing system.
- Enter resumes in recruiting database and generate letters from same.
- Monitor the office attorney recruiting email box.
- Enter and update candidate data in the recruiting database during the interview process.
- Prepare various correspondence to prospective employees.
- Assist with on-campus interview arrangements at various law schools; scheduling summer associate candidates; and entering schedules into recruiting database.
- Help greet applicants upon arrival and escort them to interviews.
- Submit candidate conflicts questionnaires to Business Acceptance Department.
- Process expense reimbursement requests from candidates.
- Help with preparation of materials for Hiring Committee Meetings.
- Organize new attorney and summer associate gifts.
- Assist with applicant travel and hotel arrangements.
- Assist with student recruiting and attorney development events.
- Process check requests and expense reports.
- Assist with aspects of Summer Associate Program including responses to event invitations, inputting summer expenses and preparing for training programs.
- Participate in all Summer Associate events to the extent possible.
- Participate in scheduled Attorney Recruiting and Development conference calls and meetings.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Assist with diversity and women’s initiative programs and events.
- Additional projects as needed.
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with database applications (recruiting databases a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate with attorneys and staff in an effective manner
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, office and firm management, vendors, and law school personnel
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- 4-year college degree preferred
- 1+ year of related experience, preferably in a professional services environment