Position Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, VA
ESC, Inc. is intersted in hiring personnel with the following experience and skills to serve as the Systems Engineer for the United States Coast Guard. The Systems Engineer works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications and/or hardware configurations; assisting with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Applications generally support utility programs, job control language, macros, subroutines, or other control modules. Systems Engineer support includes overall operating system and file maintenance routine applications, computer accounting, or other less complicated software packages. Systems Engineer works on most phases of software systems programming applications. Minimal supervision required.
The Systems Engineer responsibility will consist of:
QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, skills)
- Have experience with the Interagency Operations Center Watchkeeper (IOC/WK) system.
- Work closely with the System Engineer to support IOC/WK infrastructure components.
- Create and update baseline configurations including products such as ArcGIS, MySQL, SIMON (spell out), RulePoint, ActiveMQ, Tomcat, JBOSS and Postgres.
- Perform installation, configuration and updates.
- Develop System Trouble Reports (STRs) and System Improvement Reports (SIRs) for the IOC/WK system.
- Evaluate products against requirements, review and recommend revisions and updates to system requirements.
- Review and provide recommendations regarding technology insertions and upgrades; work in collaboration with the integration, development, information assurance, and project management teams.
- Develop technical documentation in support of the IOC/WK project.
- Perform analysis of system logs and other monitoring tools to evaluate and monitor system performance.
Position contingent on contract award
- Baccalaureate Degree in the field of Systems, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- Seven (7) years consecutive years of experience in the field of C4IT/Systems Engineering.
- Current Security Clearance.
ESC, Inc. - 10 months ago