General Business Associate (Boise)
General Business Associate
Aluma-Glass Industries, Inc. -- Boise, ID
Aluma-Glass Industries, Inc. is looking for an individual to fill the position of General Business Associate. We are a hard working group of individuals in the glass business that deals more specifically with windows, doors, specialty glass and the installation and repair of the same.
This position covers a broad spectrum of tasks at a basic level, and ultimately relies heavily on the candidate being willing, able, and ready to do good work with reasonable requests. There is a substantial emphasis on basic web design. Candidates that possess no web design capabilities at even a base level form need not apply, regardless of how applicable you are in the other areas.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Submit your resume and cover letter to the provided email address. Use "General Business Associate" as the subject. Candidates will be contacted During the week of February 10, 2013 to begin scheduling interviews.
Job Description -- General Business Associate
- Intermediate understanding of Excel.
- Have a basic understanding of accounting functions and terminology.
- Be comfortable with "soft" collection duties that are more equated to "reminder" phone calls. Candidate may have to, at the direction of the supervisor, perform basic legal applications such as small claims filings and lien filings. Basic understanding of these functions may be required.
- Understand basic HTML/CSS knowledge and be willing to expand upon this knowledge through the direction of the direct supervisor. More specifically, the company website will need design updates, SEO updates, and overall functionality analysis done on a frequent basis.
- Be willing to coordinate maintenance of computers and other office equipment, as well as diagnosis and fix computers and printers at a base level. General software knowledge is required as we use multiple different programs that require their own separate operating procedures. Must be able to perform regular software updates and fixes as necessary and assure quality server backups.
- Must oversee the purchasing of all products and services the business may need, be it for our end consumer or internal purposes. Plan and perform annual physical inventory count and pricing.
- Establish existing and new vendor relationships. Complete credit applications to establish new vendor credit accounts. Assist others in timely vendor payments with emphasis on taking early payment discounts.
- Be able to produce procedures for their own duties to assist in efficiency. What worked for a previous employee may not work for you, requiring you to create your own controls.
- Prepare all vendor invoices for payment in a neat, concise fashion requiring an excellent attention to detail. Candidate is required to occasionally negotiate prices and deal with "problem" invoices and products. Must be able to understand diplomatic communication skills while accomplishing the task at hand.
- Candidate must have forward thinking ability. Such examples may include searching for new products or better pricing from new vendors, keeping up to date on the latest SEO trends for web maintenance, or training opportunities for themself or others in the organization. This is a position that allows a certain amount of flexibility, which in turn requires setting of own deadlines, priorities, and various other aspects associated to being a responsible, self-sufficient individual.
- Stay current on required labor law posters and disclosures and help adhere to them.
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness, organization, and the ability to find information on short notice.
- Individual may be called upon to do accounts receivable invoicing, receipts posting, cash sheet reconciliations and bank deposits. This position then requires the individual to occasionally drive to the bank, kneel, walk up and down stairs regularly, and lifts objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally handles glass or other products in a controlled environment. Some onsite training may be given as well, requiring the individual to be outdoors on occasion.
- Be willing and able to take on new duties or tasks, look for opportunities for improvement, consult directly with the supervisor on areas you believe you can add value, and ask for direction when
- Sage BusinessWorks experience is a plus.
- Experience with invoicing, purchase orders, and receipts.
- Understanding of computers, networking, and Microsoft office programs at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge of specialty glass, windows, shower doors, mirrors, and construction in general.
- Expert level of customer service.
Aluma-Glass Industries, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity provider.
Compensation: $13.00 per hour. 40 hours a week. Benefits after 90 days. 401k after 1 year.