Responsible for maintenance operations of asset, including organization of service requests, preventative maintenance program, personnel management, compliance with safety standards and customer service.
Assist Property Manager in the management of an excellent customer service program by adhering to the Peak Simply Service Standards
Manage a high quality maintenance team through implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs
Prioritize and assign service requests to maintenance team. Monitor daily completion of service requests and follow up on any outstanding items. Assist in the completion of service requests as necessary.
Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
Must possess basic knowledge of local and state codes for permitting, sign ordinances and pool regulations
Maintain a preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the asset while minimizing future repairs.
Identify and implement energy-saving measures that promote conservation
Manage maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines
Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
Maintain hazard communications program; Teach and promote safe work practices
Participate in monthly unit inspections as required
Assist residents with the move-in/ move-out process.
Responsible for key control program as outlined in Peak policy manual
Schedule and direct workers in performance of all maintenance/repairs related to turn events within budgeted guidelines. Supervise all vendors and contractors throughout the turn process
Supervise maintenance team in preparing vacant units for marketing to include restoration and cleaning
Direct workers in performance of scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
Address resident and employee concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
Maintain accurate records at all times
Assist with the general upkeep and cleaning of office, common areas and model as needed
Work with National Facilities Director to obtain bids for capital improvements
Work with Property Manager to maximize performance of property within budget guidelines
Participate in on-call emergency rotation
Direct workers in maintenance of all amenities to include clubhouse, fitness center and swimming pool
Assist Property Manager with conducting performance appraisals for maintenance team
Adhere to dress code requirements
Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. For safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English. In addition, the position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Maintenance Supervisors will spend 60 to 70 percent of their time performing hands-on repairs/maintenance work. The remaining time will be spent supervising the work of their associates and outside contractors and performing general management functions. Position requires ability to transport or move up to 50 pounds variable distances; the mobility and flexibility to use ladders to access heights in excess of eight to nine feet; the ability to work outdoors in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and the ability to personally perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering themselves, residents or fellow employees. Position also requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary when assisting with or performing tasks.
- A valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own reliable vehicle to fulfill all of the job's functions
- EPA certification Type I and II
- Other licenses and certifications as required by local, state or federal law
- Basic hand tools (not provided by community)
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment
- All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow associates, and residents
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwear (work boots)
- Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Major appliances
- HVAC, including EPA Certification
- Intermediate plumbing
- Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
- Pool care (if required by community)
- Roofs and gutters
- General irrigation maintenance and repairs
- Fountain maintenance and repairs
- Foundation/sidewalk repairs
- Ice/snow removal
- Golf carts and small engine maintenance