Hagerty Insurance Agency, LLC, the leading insurance agency for collector vehicles in the world and host to the largest network of collector car owners, is seeking a well qualified Accountant to join our Accounting team. This position will assist Senior Accountants with daily transaction postings, general ledger maintenance, month end closing processes and various accounting projects. This position is located in our Traverse City, MI office.
• Complete month end close for assigned business units.
• Maintain an accurate general ledger for Hagerty and Affiliates (journal entries, bank transaction entries, etc.)
• Ensure all month-end accounting procedures are completed accurately and on-time for Hagerty and Affiliates
• Complete accounting deliverables in an accurate and timely manner (unclaimed property filings, ad hoc reports, etc.)
• Provide support to Assistant Manager in charge of assigned business unit.
• Post the following transactions: bank reconciliations, fixed assets, accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit card transactions, daily cash deposits, prepaid expense, sales transactions, etc.
• Accounting Degree
• 2 years of related experience
• Ability to learn new software quickly
• Proficient in MS Office Products
• Great Plains software experience is a plus
Hagerty offers a dynamic work environment along with a competitive wage/ benefit package. To apply for this position, please visit our Careers site at http://www.hagerty.com/Hagerty-corporate/careers.
In 25 years, Hagerty has grown from a small agency headquartered in the Hagerty family basement to the leading provider of collector car and...