Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia is seeking a Finance Director to join our Broadcasting Finance team. Under the guidance of the VP, Senior Finance Director, the candidate will be responsible for working with the VP, TV accounting staff, and MSO accounting staff in the execution, oversight, and compliance of the MSO television business unit’s fiscal operations. The qualified candidate should be highly organized, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Primary duties will encompass, but are not limited to:
- Accounting (monthly closing, account analyses, reconciliations, general ledger review)
- Financial Reporting (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual, ad hoc)
- Maintain and optimize financial reporting systems as business changes / expands
- Monthly, quarterly and full year variance analyses
- Corporate fiscal compliance
- Evaluate financial matters, recommend appropriate accounting treatments and prepare schedules and analyses reflecting such treatment. Maintain, design and prepare financial analyses and schedules required for reporting and presentation to senior management.
- Ensure that the business segment operations are being conducted in accordance with MSO corporate fiscal and operating policies and that all accounting, budgeting, reporting, and expense substantiation requirements are being satisfied in a timely and acceptable manner as required by GAAP, SOX, and corporate policy guidelines.
- Assist in building and updating detailed budget plans and monthly and quarterly forecast estimates for the TV business segment.
- Identify and implement monthly and quarterly financial reporting needs of the segment used by the business and corporate financial management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Candidates must have thorough knowledge and experience with the accounting principles associated with TV production and distribution, including revenue recognition guidelines and the concepts of deferring and amortizing TV production costs. Expertise with G/L packages, particularly PeopleSoft, required. Excellent communication skills required, as position with interface with operating personnel on a regular basis.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia - 3 years ago