Design Automation Engineer
Job Description: Develops and tests Engineering Design Automation tools, creates flows/scripts to analyze and test design methodologies. Specifies materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects. Evaluates vendor practical capabilities to provide required products or services. Responsible for designing, deploying and testing efficiency of tools to utilize in achieving design goals and collaborating with design teams on methodology development. Design Automation Engineers are advocates of applying design methodologies to help execute projects effectively and successfully with high quality.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
· Software programming skills, including C/C++ and scripting languages such as Perl, Python, TCL
· Linux and/or UNIX-based development environment and tools; analytical skills for problem abstraction
· Broad theoretical knowledge in computer engineering, including algorithms and data structures
· Familiarity with standard software engineering practices for version control, configuration management, testing, root cause analysis, and quality assurance
· Familiarity with at least one of Hardware Description Language (HDL) (Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL)
· Good understanding of computer architecture and circuit and/or logic design is a plus.
· Experience in CAD tool development is a plus.
USA-California, Santa Clara
Apr 11, 2013
Apr 12, 2014
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
Design and Technology Solutions (DTS) creates the software that caters to Intel's insatiable appetite for innovating silicon technology. Through our CAD solutions and engineering services, we enable Intel's process engineers achieve the technical breakthroughs required to deliver tomorrow's technology, and we help Intel's architects and chip designers develop products that change the world. To us, Moore's law is the imperative that drives our work - continuously improve the ways we explore technology options, so we can deliver better products, faster.
As a software engineer in DTS, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to create software tools that meet Intel's specific, rapidly evolving requirements for designing and validating silicon products. We work very closely with chip designers (our internal customers) around the world, to understand their technical challenges, and to create proprietary CAD solutions. We help them apply our software to answer critical questions, and to address their design and manufacturing objectives. The daily work in DTS spans the complete software life cycle, from early research to mature production code with industrial robustness and quality. To deliver critical new features in our established solutions, or to create new CAD capabilities beyond the state of art in the industry, our teams frequently go through all steps in software development - problem analysis, requirements definition, design, coding, test, and deployment. As a member of our team, you are expected to participate actively in all these steps. Success in this fast-paced, results-oriented environment requires strong analytical skills and the ability to perform productive teamwork, which depends on very good communication skills.
In this position, you will be working with an existing team developing and supporting tools, flows and methodologies for RTL design and validation. You will play a crucial role in interactions with major Intel projects around the world. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and/or deploying state-of-the-art flows and methodologies for RTL design and validation
- Working as a team to explore, drive and proliferate new methodologies in RTL design and validation
- Performing implementation and/or debug tasks involving hardware and/or software design, participate in software design/development/maintenance/support, lead training, and contribute to engineering documentation
- Interacting with internal and external tool vendors
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...