Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) is searching for a full-time CRNA to manage and provide a full range of anesthesia services to patients of all ages.
IACH is currently a 44-bed inpatient hospital with over 25 outpatient clinics. We service a patient population of about 63,000 Active Duty Soldiers, Family Members and Retirees in the area. In 2009 the Department of Defense approved IACH for the funding for a new $404 million, 550,000 square foot facility. It will be completed in 2013. This new hospital will be increased to a 52-bed facility, which will include an 8-bed, inpatient psychiatric unit. IACH is located at Fort Riley, which is nestled in the rolling, Flint Hills of Kansas, between the communities of Junction City and Manhattan. Manhattan is home to a major, Division One college, Kansas State University. Within a short, two hour drive are the major cities of Wichita and Kansas City, located to the south and east, respectively.
Duties, under the supervision of the Chief of Anesthesiology, will include but are not limited to:
- Provide a full scope of anesthesia services both in the clinic and operating room.
- Provide the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients anesthesia services, which include, but are not limited to: pediatric, geriatric, obstetric, and all surgery patients.
- Oversee activities in the recovery room and administer appropriate drug and respiratory therapy in the recovery room setting.
- Provide consultation regarding preoperative preparation, intra and postoperative anesthetic management.
- Share call coverage with the Anesthesiologists and other CRNAs.
Questions about this position should be directed to IACHCareers@amedd.army.mil .
- Graduate of an accredited nurse anesthesia educational program approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
- Current, unrestricted RN license (any state).
- Certified by the AANA.
- ACLS/BLS Certified.
- Minimum of one year working experience as a CRNA.
- US Citizen.