Buchanan & Edwards (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, Virginia. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing military, government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission, and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2011 Small Business of the Year Award for the US Department of State and as an INC 500/5000 awardee.
We are currently looking for an IT Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC. This position would require that all qualified candidates have an active SECRET clearance.
In this role, you would be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides technical direction for performing software development tasks and reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to design standards; Design and develop complex SharePoint development solutions demonstrating thought leadership and architecture knowledge
- Ensure accurate translation of technical specification into program specifications; identifying user requirements, proof of concepts, metrics reporting and custom components.
- Works with the customer and the internal stakeholders to help define business inefficiencies. Proposing innovative solutions for enhancing business processes.
- Coordinates deployment and manage projects related to deploying new features and improving the quality of services of custom in-house and Microsoft SharePoint-based technical solutions.
- Deep understanding of Sharepoint and when to employ out of the box configurations vs. custom development. Experienced in analysis and definition of an organization’s information architecture and the design of taxonomies for customer organizations
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interfaces between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- Work with program management team to develop overall scope and implementation requirements
- Coordinate with program security and operations during installation and deployment of hardware and software on the development, test and production environment.
- Perform SharePoint specific duties to assist in the harnessing of disparate SharePoint sites.
- Provide SharePoint guidance and leadership by example on SharePoint best practices Work effectively within a government led partnership between Federal and Contractor staff.
- Experience working with (Personal Computers, Application Servers) virtualized servers, scheduling software, and other related technologies
Education - BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Minimum 10-12 years of experience in lieu of degree.
Active Secret Clearance required
- Mangement Consulting and/or government contracting experience
- Solid experience in SharePoint and .Net development; SharePoint implementation and migration experience to include administration and operations
- Experience in software engineering and database application development.
- MCP, MCSD, or MCSE
- Experience with Oracle 11g, SQL, or other enterprise database systems.
- Experience with data warehouses, architecture design, and optimization of medium to large size databases.
- Experience with multiple platforms: Linux, Unix, Windows, Solaris.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with ETL Tools.
- Experience with Lotus Notes or SharePoint Development.
- Experience with Large Data Migration.