The Director of Business Development for the Hampton Roads defense and homeland security business is responsible for leading business development activities in support of the company's Global Mission Solutions offerings.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partners with the operations in, developing win strategies to minimize risks and increase the probability of win and advising leadership on the formulation and execution of key opportunity campaigns
- Develops and implements a market account plan for specific customers within the market domain.
- Conducts customer visits and performs research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establishes, builds, and maintains customer relationships and assesses competitor capabilities generally aligned to specific customers. Ensures good working relations and determines feasibility of future business opportunities. Schedules and attends key customer meetings with various company representatives.
- Develops and executes strategic and tactical plans, both short and long range, for the pursuit and successful capture of key opportunities.
- Works with cross-functional and operational teams to balance resource priorities to ensure continual, consistent progress through marketing, solutions, staffing, teaming and pricing elements of the capture plan.
- Leads, with the proposal manager, the development and evaluation of the technical and management content and contractual compliance of proposals. Provides management with information to identify critical areas of the opportunity's win strategy to minimize risks and maximize the probability of win. Participates in bid decisions, the development of cost strategies and phase reviews. Recommends acceptance or rejections of proposals and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Serves as the customer advocate during reviews to bring the voice of the customer into planning and strategy sessions. Organizes and conducts customer liaison activities such as customer meetings, facility tours, product demonstrations, security and export clearance tasks. Coordinates these activities with appropriate program management, cross business area and organization personnel.
- Obtains marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develops marketing strategies for same.
- Coordinates with Operations to ensure that updated or new company technologies/capabilities match with new and emerging customer requirements.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) Required Experience:
15+ years experience with a minimum of five years directly related experience with US Department of Defense Required Skills:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
- Experience leading multiple captures
- Management experience including development of business development strategies, and leading and developing teams (Prefer candidates with experience leading large ($100M+) capture efforts)
- Successful past performance in business development (e.g., developing customer relationships, account strategies, developing a qualified pipeline, building industry relationships, and leading capture & proposal activities) Preferred Skills:
- Operational experience in providing services to the customers listed above is preferred.
Support Solutions, based in Rockville, Maryland, provides a wide range of services in engineering, system integration, ship repair, and readiness and sustainment for military platforms. Its Technology Solutions & Services unit addresses the full life-cycle needs of U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian customers with capabilities in systems engineering and technical assistance, system and subsystem integration, operations, and maintenance. TSS serves every branch of the U.S. military and numerous civilian agencies, operating the U.S. Army's munitions plant in Kingsport, Tennessee; integrating communications systems and developing and integrating precision tracking radars; and providing design and support services for air and missile defense systems.
The Ship Repair business is the leading U.S. provider of non-nuclear ship repair, conversion, and modernization services. It focuses on drydock and pier-side ship repairand sustainment services for the U.S. Navy, other defense agencies, and commercial customers.
The Readiness & Sustainment business focuses on customers' growing need for through-life platform support.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
- 3 years ago - save job
We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and
employ a skilled...