- Generate specialty referrals for members as requested by primary care physicians. This entails prioritizing referrals according to level of urgency, scheduling member appointments as necessary and communicating referral information to members.
- Responsible for assuring that all pertinent documentation and x-ray is forwarded to the consulting provider as needed.
- Maintains a log of all generated referrals through an automated system.
- Receives and reviews all reports from the hospital and outside consultants, noting the receipt date on the appropriate automated log and then forwarding these reports on a daily basis to physicians for review prior to filing in the medical record. Initiates requests in writing for any outstanding consult reports or discharge summaries. Assures that all reports are reviewed by the Primary Care Physician.
- Assists with the collection and compilation of statistical data on utilization of services and submits monthly reports to Center Administrator.
- Performs the role of the Admissions Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Assures that referrals are reviewed by the Medical Director.
- Forwards to the Administrator any referral requests to non-participating provider-consultants or other special circumstances / requests.
- Notifies the Nurse Manager of any patients who were a 'no show' for outside appointments and documents missed appointments in the medical record.
- Develops and maintains excellent record keeping systems.
- Coordinates member transportation to specialty providers, if necessary and available.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Considerable emphasis on customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding
- High school graduate
- Two years' experience in a medical office environment
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
Continucare continues to care for South and Central Florida's Medicare recipients. The company provides primary care medical services...